Tangent Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'How do you do' and Shake Hands!

+8
Admin
FANGIRL♥
Chronos
Bakkerkid
modern_ruin
LizardMandy
JoeM.
mama_sama
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

'How do you do' and Shake Hands! - Page 2 Empty Re: 'How do you do' and Shake Hands!

Post by mama_sama Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:13 pm

@Chronos Mine fave anime is almost older than I am. It's Maison Ikkoku (see page 1)
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Number of posts : 132
Humor : I'm trying to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal ~Scott Adams
Registration date : 2008-12-11

http://monicamarier.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

'How do you do' and Shake Hands! - Page 2 Empty Re: 'How do you do' and Shake Hands!

Post by Chronos Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Never heard of it. @.@

What's it about?

Chronos

Number of posts : 121
Humor : If life gives you melons, then you're probably dyslexic
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:29 pm

Maison Ikkoku could be a live-action show as far as plot goes. It's about a poor student living in the ghetto of Tokyo when his building gets a new landlord and he falls in love with her. He keeps trying to ask her our except his INSANE neighbours keep screwing up his chances. And THEN the rivals show up. It's modern romance meets screwball comedy.

It's by Rumiko Takahashi, the genius behind Ranma 1/2 and Inu Yasha (which was how I discovered it). It was turned into a show in like 1985 or somthing. I own the complete manga.
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Humor : I'm trying to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal ~Scott Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:37 pm

Not really my kind of show, doesn't sound too bad, though.

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:45 pm

I'm aware it's not everyone's bag. *LOL*
There aren't any ninjas or vampires in Maison... actually... I'm not sure about Mr. Yotsuya he's SOMETHING wierd. *snort*

Anyways... I DO like romance, being lucky enough to have someone fantastic in my life, so I like to alude to some of that happiness every now and then (with Linus and his wife, and Shelly and Weston). But I don't think I could write a romance graphic novel.

I'd be too tempted to stick a wise-cracking robot or a pirate in it.
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:52 pm

Y-yeah, because wise-cracking robots and pirates would be stupid. *quickly re-writes his story* XD

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by PaperTiger Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:33 am

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I'm a bit of a sucker for the romantic stuff too. I'll read Naruto and the other guy stuff no prob, but one of my favorites is Nana, which is nothing but a cheesy soap opera- unexpected pregnancies, broken hearts, estranged mothers... it's pretty bad, but like a train wreck, I can't look away.
PaperTiger
PaperTiger
Admin

Number of posts : 21
Humor : Corny
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:29 am

@Bro Really? Wow. 26 years and it's still like I don't even know you sometimes. *L* Live and learn I guess. S'why I like writing with you.

@ Chronos If you do take it upon yourself to write a romance with pirates and robots, don't be embarrassed and have fun with it! I find that the first test in writing is yourself. Write something that YOU'd want to read.
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:48 pm

I was just kidding, so far my story is about a kid joining a band of space mercenaries to get away from an evil government...Sounds cliché when I put it like that, but generally speaking that's what it's about.

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by PaperTiger Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:41 am

*shrug* Sounds like a good start to me.

If you feel a cliche coming on, they best thing you can do is to flip it and change it around. Maybe the evil government isn't 100% evil, but is actually justified in their overbearing attitude. Maybe it USED to be more evil, so our villains have to face semi-evil. Maybe it's OPENLY evil- if it's a comedy, the villanous minister might be the head of the "Evil Party", or might be bogged down by read tape ("Where's my death ray?" "Well, sir, the supplies department said you misfiled your T227 Death Ray Request form, sir.")

Also, have at least ONE "face" amongst the government- not just the puppet master, but at least one "grunt" or hunter whom they meet in the field. Maybe he's a pure heartless jerk... or maybe he's actually a semi-decent guy, who cares about widows and orphan. Of course, THAT kind of flip is also a cliche, so you invert it once more and have him actually save widows for his own twisted reasons. "We thought you were the bastich with a heart of gold... when really, you're a bastish with the heart of an even greater bastich."

Or better still, TWO hunters/grunts. Allows you to have dialogue, and avoid the abnoxious internal monologueing.
PaperTiger
PaperTiger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:16 am

Well, the experimented on the kid to make him a human "weapon" by implanting a chip in his brain that gives him the ability to control machines with his mind~ Ooo~

Soyeah, they're most likely evil. Well...At least the military part is.

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by PaperTiger Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:43 am

Fair point... but maybe that was a radical member of their party... maybe they want to find him partially because of the cool powers, but also to sweep him under the rug... they'd rather have everything Dr. Psycho-Pants did be hidden away, lest it shame the military, or cause a scandal.

And remember, very few experiments are "stand alone"- there might be prototypes that didn't function as well because the chip wasn't as well made, or because they chose a poor test subjects (maybe there's a white rat out there that constantly flicks the lights in his lab). They might ALREADY be able to build a better one, in which case, they're perfectly fine just destroying the kid, lest the technology leak outside. (Maybe that's how you raise the stakes... at first they want him alive, but after the chip is duplicated, they're happy to kill him.)

@Sis - shouldn't be TOO shocked, I'm a softy at heart. Look at my novel "Also Rans" - it's a teen romance comedy cleverly disguised as a superhero adventure.
PaperTiger
PaperTiger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FANGIRL♥ Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:38 pm

@mama-sama

Hi again Razz

I was bored so i made fanart for Crit.

http://uniluvvv.webs.com/Fangirl.png

I feel kinda bad that I changed the look sooo much. They don't really look like bart or Kiyana anymore. Sad((

I was too lazy to make a background.

FANGIRL♥

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:07 pm

@FANGIRL

Impressive art!

@PaperTiger

The idea for the villian is a corrupt...Um...What would you call it...Head of science for the government. The place where the first part of the story takes place, a medical station in orbit around a planet I call Jidoor. Mr...Sorry, Dr. Psycho-pants took control of the station and turned it into a military research center without the knowledge of the other government officials. He's planning to create his own army of cyborg soldiers so he can take control of the government. What do you think of that?

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by FANGIRL♥ Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:24 pm

@Chronos

Aww thanks!! ^-^

Finally someones online lol.

FANGIRL♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:28 pm

Hey, they're probably busy with writing and stuff, I mean have you read Donuts for Looking? It's hard being a webcomic maker. I salute you Mama-sama and PaperTiger, I salute you.

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by FANGIRL♥ Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:05 pm

@Chronos

Oh yes, your right ^_^

FANGIRL♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:10 pm

Hey Mama_Sama, will anyone else get on? Like Pixel-Muse or Bakkarkid?

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by PaperTiger Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:18 am

@Fan-girl: Wow, that's fantastic! Don't worry about changing the style, it looks fresh and new. Is it alright if we add it to the fan art section?

@Chronos: Sounds like it could work... of course, if he's trying to take OVER the gov't, you have a classic "enemy of my enemy" situation... the government hates the mercs and wants to catch the kid, but they also don't want to be overrun by rogue members of their own party...

Of course, with Cyborgs, you have to remember: where are the human parts coming from? Are they willing volunteers, prisoners, military cadets, hospital patients? Or are they the dead brought back to life, and the doc is traffic body parts?
PaperTiger
PaperTiger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:26 am

PaperTiger wrote:
@Chronos: Sounds like it could work... of course, if he's trying to take OVER the gov't, you have a classic "enemy of my enemy" situation... the government hates the mercs and wants to catch the kid, but they also don't want to be overrun by rogue members of their own party...
Actually, I think it will be more like the government is intolerant of mercs, but they're not openly violent towards them. But the bad guy convinces them that the kid stole a valuable prototype of what he is working on. (Which is technically true.) He is actually tricking them into chasing down the very thing he still needs so he can destroy them.

Of course, with Cyborgs, you have to remember: where are the human parts coming from? Are they willing volunteers, prisoners, military cadets, hospital patients? Or are they the dead brought back to life, and the doc is traffic body parts?
It's kidnapped people that were coming to get medical treatments, more than likely. Remember, this is a medical research station, so there must be some patients...Right?

Oh, I forgot to mention the purpose of that chippy thingy. The chip not only makes it's user able to hack computers and take control of robots with his mind, it also acts as the controller for the robotic parts of the user's body. (But fortunately the kid escapes before the horribly painful surgury)

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:06 pm

(Sorry, Thanksgiving Weekend ate my life)

@fangirl OMG!! THAT KICKS POSTERIOR!! Kiyana & Bart FTW!
\m/ (>,<) \m/

That is totally going in the Fan Art Gallery (if that's ok with you.)
PLZ send me a private message telling me how you want to be credited. (As Fangirl or your real name)

@Chronos & PT: No idea. 0_0

mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:11 pm

*shrugs* I guess you'll be our "Group representative" then. XD

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by IntrovertedWife Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi, I have no idea who I am but I do know you should never trust me.

Oh and I drew a guest comic for Skeleton Crew around Halloween, some say it drove me mad. MAD I TELLS YA!
IntrovertedWife
IntrovertedWife

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:29 pm

Well it's nice to see an insane person. People have told me I'm insane, too. But I'll prove those muffin men wrong, mark my words!

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by IntrovertedWife Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:50 pm

I was crazy once but the mole people made me better.
IntrovertedWife
IntrovertedWife

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum