Tangent Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salutations!

Go down

Salutations! Empty Salutations!

Post by Bakkerkid Mon May 18, 2009 3:29 pm

Salutations and Greetings! I am Bakkerkid, AKA The Evil One, AKA Evel, AKA Spencer Hixon. I decided it was about time I got on these forums. I suppose I shall attempt to fill in the little blurb Mama-sama put up!

~What do you do? I am currently a grant writer for Laurens County School District 56, but that will end as of July 1. I am also, as of about 6 hours ago, a professional blogger (website available here: http://www.examiner.com/x-11420-Columbia-Backpacking-Examiner ). Other that that, I fancy myself a writer, having brainstormed with several others over the content of Leviathans and Donuts for Looking. In the coming weeks we shall see a brand new project to TangentArtists, one entitled Twist of Feyt, a project my twin (yes, he really IS my identical twin) brother and I are working on. We shall be working on other projects together, whcih will be in a setion dedicated to Adam and Evel. I am the priimary writer for Twist of Feyt and my brother is the primary artist, but everyone at TA has helped in putting this comic together.
~Interests: Other than outdoorsy things such as backpacking (wouldn't guess from my blog, huh?), I like to write, read, play guitar (fingerpicking style - yes I did use to annoy people at TA meetings with it), watch movies/anime, read webcomics, play board/card games (such as San Juan, Race for the Galaxy, Settlers of Catan, etc), and spend time with my friends whenever possible.
~What kind of Comics do you like?: Thought-provoking. This would include Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman. But I also like manga style, some superhero comics, and plenty of webcomics. They just need to be well written or well told.
~What kind of Websites do you like? Webcomics (questionablecontent, thedreamlandchronicles, thebookofbiff, drmcninja, xkcd, zapinspace, 2kinds, anything by Bobby Crosby, etc.), facebook, and astropics of the day.
~How were you introduced to TA? I got an guy on the inside Wink
~What's your favorite breakfast cereal? Toss up between Honey Nut Cheerios and Cracklin Oat Bran.
Bakkerkid
Bakkerkid

Number of posts : 4
Humor : one of the four elemental fluids of the body, blood, phlegm, black bile, and yellow bile, regarded as determining, by their relative proportions, a person's physical and mental constitution.
Registration date : 2009-05-18

http://yetanotherwritersblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Salutations! Empty Re: Salutations!

Post by Bakkerkid Sun May 23, 2010 3:37 pm

Well, some time has passed. I am no longer working for the school district, but I AM working for a company called 10Best. I write SEO content for hotels, essentially. Not sure what that is? Look it up!

I've got a blog going which I hope to update on a regular basis. It is about being a writer. I am also posting a fantasy story on it chapter-by-chapter, so you all can read it and maybe get a smile.

Finally, I have reconnected with an old friend and we will hopefully be working together on a host of new projects involving our writing. In the same vein, I do not know when Twist of Feyt will launch, but David and I have an idea for another webcomic and I'm thrilled about it. I am hoping that we will be able to get it going not too long from now, but we shall see.
Bakkerkid
Bakkerkid

Number of posts : 4
Humor : one of the four elemental fluids of the body, blood, phlegm, black bile, and yellow bile, regarded as determining, by their relative proportions, a person's physical and mental constitution.
Registration date : 2009-05-18

http://yetanotherwritersblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum