Tangent Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DONUTS ARE GETTING THEIR OWN STORY-ARC!!

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

DONUTS ARE GETTING THEIR OWN STORY-ARC!! Empty DONUTS ARE GETTING THEIR OWN STORY-ARC!!

Post by mama_sama Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:20 pm

Okay, we know that Donuts For Looking has traditionally a one-off weekly comic based on funny events that occur during our meetings. Well we WERE going to do a bunch of convention-related gags, but then we got the idea to thread a story through them.

SO...Hold on to your hats, readers and get ready for MURDER AT THE CON!!!! (muahahahahah)
The comics will still have a punchline every week (unlike Skeleton Crew or Leviathans) but it'll be tied together as Detective Adam tries to solve a mystery involving murder most foul.
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Number of posts : 132
Humor : I'm trying to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal ~Scott Adams
Registration date : 2008-12-11

http://monicamarier.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

DONUTS ARE GETTING THEIR OWN STORY-ARC!! Empty Re: DONUTS ARE GETTING THEIR OWN STORY-ARC!!

Post by mama_sama Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:47 pm

"Murder at the Con" Is entering Issue three, with a great white blowout!
Any of you remember KatsuCon '03 that was snowed in on the final Sunday? Some of us were trapped in that very Con and it provided inspiration to this Great White Frozen mystery!
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Humor : I'm trying to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal ~Scott Adams

Back to top Go down

DONUTS ARE GETTING THEIR OWN STORY-ARC!! Empty Re: DONUTS ARE GETTING THEIR OWN STORY-ARC!!

Post by Chronos Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:05 pm

I wish it had snowed during Nekocon. Then I could have murdered someone and started up a group to find the murderer.

Chronos

Number of posts : 121
Humor : If life gives you melons, then you're probably dyslexic
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by PaperTiger Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:35 am

Well, I found it funny that every time we mentioned "murder at the con", someone brought up, "Oh, you mean like the guy that was stabbed last year?" Apparently someone was stabbed with a pencil last year... it was the first we'd heard of it.
PaperTiger
PaperTiger
Admin

Number of posts : 21
Humor : Corny
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:33 am

The funniest part about the "alleged" stabbing was that no two persons could agree on the weapon, motive or if the victim died or not. Once again proof that satire doesn't reflect life, it refracts it through a prism.
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:51 pm

That sounds really exciting, why can't that happen where I go?

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:26 pm

Eh. I don't remember any of it. Breathing in Marker fumes for 3 days makes my memory kind of fuzzy. confused
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:02 pm

You should have done more pencil and ink commissions.

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:50 pm

Yes, but I get more money for marker commisions. *L*
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:58 pm

So you were getting high for money? XD

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:10 pm

It's not as much fun as it sounds. More like getting a migraine for money. Brain damage is hurty. XP
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:16 pm

"Brain damage is hurty." You should definitely add that to the next comic. Like when you're trying to recover from the marker fumes. XD

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:38 pm

I just might do that. : )
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:50 pm

Yay! See, this is why forums exist. People making their opinions known to reach some kind of agreement.

That, and trolling.

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:06 pm

BTW: (speaking of brain damage) Did y'all check out this week's Donuts for Looking?
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Mama_Sama, get off Zuko! D:

Btw, what are you cosplaying as? Is it just Japanese school girl? Or is it that girl from Street Fighter 2?

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:26 pm

I couldn't have Moira actually cosplay AS someone. That gets into legal issues there. So she's just a generic school girl with bright red hair.
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Legal issues...? But I can see Zuko and Mai right there, wouldn't that cause legal problems too?

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Nope. If it's only used once, it's called "Parody" and is allowed under the fair usage act. We can use Zuko once as long as he doesn't show up again. Also you will note that we don't use his name and his costume is slightly different.

You may have noticed that "Sneaky Ninja" bares a strong resemblance to Kakashi from Naruto. But we've given SN a costume with subtle differences, and changed the symbol on the headband. It's little things like that that mean the difference between a fun satire and a "cease and desist" order.

Good question, btw. : )
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:45 pm

I was going to mention Kakashi but then I noticed the fish on his headband. XD

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:48 pm

I was hoping someone caught the fish on the headband. Very Happy

It was important to me that I give "Udon-Con" a feel of authenticity without actively breaking any laws.
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:56 pm

Yeah, I tend to notice some of the little things.

So is the webcomic you guys are talking about--Ruddy...Something--a real comic?

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:59 pm

Muddy Bravado? No. I think I was trying to come up with a name that sounded like "Sluggy Freelance" (another FINE webcomic from my salad days).
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PaperTiger Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:05 pm

Or the fact that so many web comic titles seem to be two or more random words thrown together... although, "Donuts for Looking" is slightly guilty of that... a heh.
PaperTiger
PaperTiger
Admin

Number of posts : 21
Humor : Corny
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:14 pm

I thought that was based off of one of the comics. (The one where that person brought in the donuts?)

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next