Tangent Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DONUTS ARE GETTING THEIR OWN STORY-ARC!!

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

DONUTS ARE GETTING THEIR OWN STORY-ARC!! - Page 2 Empty Re: DONUTS ARE GETTING THEIR OWN STORY-ARC!!

Post by mama_sama Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:57 pm

It's both. It's based off that true story with the donuts, but we also liked how it SOUNDED totally random to those who weren't in the know.
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Number of posts : 132
Humor : I'm trying to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal ~Scott Adams
Registration date : 2008-12-11

http://monicamarier.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

DONUTS ARE GETTING THEIR OWN STORY-ARC!! - Page 2 Empty Re: DONUTS ARE GETTING THEIR OWN STORY-ARC!!

Post by Chronos Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:01 am

So you actually depressed people by telling people about the donuts and then telling them that they can't eat them? O_o

Chronos

Number of posts : 121
Humor : If life gives you melons, then you're probably dyslexic
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:02 pm

The joke was that I was kidding, and they all took me seriously. Why else would I bring 2 dozen donuts to a meeting? It was my turn for snack that week.

Of course, being all art students, there HAVE been times where one of us has said, "Nobody touch/eat this! I'm doing a still life!"
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Humor : I'm trying to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal ~Scott Adams

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:31 pm

A still life of donuts?

Sounds like something Homer Simpson would want on his wall. XD

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Mmmmmm.... Donuts....*droooool*

Funny thing is, ever since the comic, we refer to snack-time donuts as "Donuts for Eating."
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:42 pm

Yum, donuts are yummy.

That's weird, what if they aren't donuts then?

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:43 pm

We still tag it on sometimes. "Cookies for eating." "Waffles for eating." "Kimchi for eating." We're a weird bunch, us. : )
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:48 pm

Kimchi? Why would you eat that as a snack? D:

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:52 pm

Why wouldn't you? Kimchi is made of awesome!
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:31 pm

Isn't it like fermented cabbage? D:

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:42 pm

The kind I like is Diakon radish and cabbage in SUPER hot chilies and ginger. I'm not sure how it's made. I just love getting it at the asian market.
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IntrovertedWife Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:22 pm

I made kimchi in biology once. That was an interesting class, the day we took the AP test the teacher almost whacked his leg off with a chainsaw.
IntrovertedWife
IntrovertedWife

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:29 pm

If you ask Pixel Muse how she likes kimchi, she'd probably say the experience was similar to a chainsaw accident.
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:00 pm

Oh, I thought that was a different dish, sorry. XD

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:21 pm

@Chronos there is some pickling process that I'm a little vague on. I seem to recall an rererererun of *M*A*S*H* where they were making Kimchi but couldn't remember where they buried it.
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IntrovertedWife Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:42 pm

No you ferment it. Hence why we made it in biology class. Fermented cabbage aokay, fermented grapes bad!
IntrovertedWife
IntrovertedWife

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:01 pm

mama_sama wrote:@Chronos there is some pickling process that I'm a little vague on. I seem to recall an rererererun of *M*A*S*H* where they were making Kimchi but couldn't remember where they buried it.

So it was that dish! That's where I found out about kimchi, I've seen almost every episode of MASH.

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:06 pm

@Wife. OH! I didn't take you seriously there, I thought it was another non-sequitor. Serves me right. ...wait so your teacher nearly DID take off his leg?? Shocked

@Chronos Well, I've been schooled by both you and Introverted Wife. *L* I don't know how it's made, but I love it. (But I do need a glass of milk nearby. I'm only human.)
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IntrovertedWife Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:09 pm

Yep, it was an interesting day as there were only about 12 of us in class and we'd taken the AP test so we had nothing to do that day and they didn't bother getting us a substitute. We wound up sitting in the office getting watched by the secretaries.
IntrovertedWife
IntrovertedWife

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Fun chainsaw tricks. "Hey kids, watch me make my leg disappear!"

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:44 pm

Aw. The strangest thing my bio teacher did was tuck her skirt into her pantyhose by accident. *some kids get all the luck*
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:47 pm

One of my old teachers put a student into a trashcan once. XD

Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by IntrovertedWife Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:55 pm

This guy was one of those not all there types you get in Highschool science classes. I think it's a requirement if you teach chemistry to highschoolers you have to love blowing things up and played with too much mercury as a kid.
IntrovertedWife
IntrovertedWife

Back to top Go down

Post by mama_sama Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:15 pm

AH yes. I had that teacher in 7th grade. She sang showtunes in class and would give us higher grades if we sang along. I think she wanted to be Fraulien Maria.

I need to put more of these kinds of people in my comics. I forget how nut REAL people can be sometimes.
mama_sama
mama_sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PaperTiger Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:26 pm

Kimchi - Not bad.. it's basically a spicy pickled cabbage dish, but it's swimming in so many spices that you don't really taste the yucky "cabbageness". All you get is a great crunch and varying degrees of hot. If you've ever been to a sushi restaurant that serves little sliced, spicy radish pieces (normally with the salad), then it's like that.

Science Teachers- I had some cool teachers too... I think my elementary sci teacher broke the record for having the world's tallest cocktail party... (he and two friends climbed a super tall mountain with a minibar on their backs... only he made it up to the top, so it was a party of one... much like MANY science teacher cocktail parties, I'm sure.)

A friend's teacher most certainly decided to wash his hands in a vat of unmarked, clear liquid. Not sure if he burned his hands, but that's they way they told it.
PaperTiger
PaperTiger
Admin

Number of posts : 21
Humor : Corny
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next